Finding a ketamine-assisted therapy program near you is easy with Austin’s leading functional and integrative medicine providers.
Depression can be a debilitating diagnosis that affects your entire life. What starts with low motivation, sadness and a loss of interest in life, can have lasting physical and mental effects. However, leading innovative therapies using ketamine are helping people struggling with depression finally find relief.
What is Depression?
According to the Mayo Clinic, depression is “a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest… it affects how you feel, think and behave and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems… depression isn’t a weakness and you can’t simply “snap out” of it.” Depression can also occur as an episode, or isolated period of time in your life, or be a more long-term issue throughout your life, not tied to a specific event.
Common symptoms of depression include:
- Angry outbursts and irritability
- Low libido
- Irregularities with sleep
- Fatigue and low motivation
- Changes in weight and appetite
- Cognitive and memory issues
- Suicidal thoughts
- Physical pain including headaches
These are only a few of the symptoms associated with depression. Your Forum Health Austin medical professional is the best person to help you determine if your symptoms could be a sign of depression.
How Ketamine-Assisted Therapy is Offering New Hope in the Fight Against Depression
Ketamine is a safe, FDA-approved dissociative medication for treatment-resistant mood disorders, PTSD and chronic pain. When paired with therapy, it allows you to work through subconscious, repressed feelings that underlie unproductive behavior patterns, poor mental and emotional functioning and unhealthy coping mechanisms. Ultimately, it expedites the healing process to promote calm, openness, healing, and empowerment.
Studies of The Role of Ketamine in Treatment-Resistant Depression have shown that, “ketamine demonstrated to be rapidly effective and was associated with a significant clinical improvement in depressive symptoms within hours after administration. Also, ketamine was found to be effective in reducing suicidality in Treatment-Resistant Depression” samples.
Ketamine-assisted therapy combines the powerful anesthetic and dissociative effects of ketamine, with talk-therapy to address the possible underlying causes of depression and facilitate a path to recovery.
At Forum Health Austin, ketamine-assisted therapy is different in four significant ways to promote optimal healing.
What Makes a Ketamine-Assisted Therapy Session Different at Forum Health Austin:
- Nuanced Dosing: We are not a one-size-fits-all clinic. We consider your age, metabolism, lifestyle, and medications to determine the appropriate dose for your session. We believe this personal approach is the key to long-term healing.
- Ensured Comfort: Experienced medical technicians supervise the infusion to ensure your safety and comfort the entire time, so that you full benefits of your session in a comfortable environment.
- Expert Guides: Highly trained, trauma-informed guides are in the room, physically or virtually, to lead you through the session and to integrate the traumas and information that comes up. A ketamine experience without integration is just an experience. The long-term benefits come from applying new insight into your life.
- Integrative Approach: We take an integrative, root-cause approach to healing the mind-body connection to promote full-body healing.
Ketamine-assisted therapy at Forum Health Austin is led by experts in functional and integrative medicine dedicated to help you overcome trauma and heal. To learn if ketamine-assisted therapy is right for you, please contact us at (512) 800-5309 to speak to our provider and schedule your first session.